What You Need to Know About Our Boxercise Classes
What can I expect from Boxercise?
The classes are structured to take account of all fitness levels. This makes each class, safe and accessible for complete beginners and prevents experienced participants hitting a plateau. The average class is around 45 minutes in duration and suitable for both men and women aged 16 and over. You’ll pick up effective boxing techniques and the big bonus is, you’ll get all of this without having to get hit.
What should I wear?
Trainers, tracksuit bottoms/shorts and t-shirt will be fine. No need for the skimpy outfits worn by some of the fitness models on websites.
All equipment will initially be provided although anyone who has had the pleasure of using shared gloves and pads (in the gym for example) will know that, not unlike underwear, it is better to have your own!
Other useful information
The following helpful tips will also make your boxercise class an enjoyable one:-
* Please arrive 5 minutes before class is scheduled so classes can start on time.
* This class requires you to work with a partner, please contact us if you are coming alone.
* If it is your first Boxercise class please arrive 10 minutes early for a demonstration on technique.
* If you are new to the class, let your instructor know if you have any physical limitations.
* Towels will be necessary. You will sweat during these classes!
* Bring water to every class to stay hydrated, before, during and after exercise.
* Go at your own pace and monitor your intensity. The instructor will give you cues. You are not under any pressure to follow these strictly, particularly if you are a beginner.